What are EAA's?
Essential amino acids consist of BCAA's, so when we talk about EAA's, we're including the BCAA's. EAA's must be consumed because the body cannot make them on their own. Over the last decade the entire bodybuilding industry has made this their intra-workout beverage of choice. Although EAA's are often in free-form (individually added) they resemble closer to a complete protein with helps accelerate the recovery and muscle building process.
Grind EAA's are caffeine free so they can be used day or night, whenever you decide on training. This also means that they're stackable with products like Hydraulic, Ignition Switch, or the best option, Demo Day.
What are the 9 EAA's?
- Leucine - is the main BCAA and believed to be the most important of the
amino acids in the essential nine. It's contribution comes from signaling mTor to activate muscle protein synthesis.
- IsoLeucine - is another of the BCAA family. IsoLeucine is responsible for preventing muscle breakdown (catabolism) more than building muscle (anabolism) like it's cousin, Leucine.
- Valine - is the last of the BCAA family. The least amount of testing has been done on valine as compared to leucine and isoleucine and there has not been solid evidence that valine on it's own provides much benefit. It is believed that the pairing benefits of valine with leucine make it worth having.
- Histidine - is involved in the growth of muscle tissue and the repair of tissue as well. When you're weight training, you're damaging muscle tissues which is why you need histidine in your essential 9.
- Lysine - is a common amino acid that helps produce carnitine, which converts fatty acids into energy. This is idea before, during, or after workouts.
- Methionine - is another essential amino that contributes to the growth and repair of muscle tissue.
- Phenylalanine - is an amino acid that mainly converts to L-tyrosine in the liver.
- Threonine - may help with guy health. It allows increased absorption of nutrients and contributes toward collagen production.
- Tryptophan - often thought of on Thanksgiving (high doses in Turkey), provides a strong role in muscle building and muscle development.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
The benefits of Axe & Sledge The Grind are:
- Faster muscle recovery
- Improved athletic endurance & performance
- Decreased muscle protein breakdown
- Restores electrolytes
Do EAA's Hydrate You?
Some studies point that EAA's can aid in hydrating the muscle cells when combined with water. GRIND adds in raw coconut water concentrate and betaine anhydrous to further push the EAAs, BCAAs hydration complex.
Which GRIND EAA's are the best?
Many people will argue on which axe and sledge supplements flavors are the best. Some say unicorn blood, others will argue for the ICEE flavors. One thing is for certain, these amino acid supplements have some of the best flavoring in all of sports supplements.
Who Can Take Axe & Sledge GRIND?
Both healthy men & women over the age of 18 can supplement with GRIND. There are no ingredients in this product to point to one gender over the other.
The flavor of the Unicorn Blood is fantastic. Not overly sweet or concentrated, but flavorful enough to down a glass after a workout. I love the addition of hydration to this Amino Acid supplement which makes it even better. Two birds with one stone!