5-Ingredient Protein Pecan Balls
This week’s chilly weather calls for lots of hot coffee and a delicious, protein cookie ball to go with I love traditional tea cookies. Their crumbly, buttery texture pairs perfectly with a warm drink and just screams “the holidays are on their way!” So here’s my take, on a sweet treat that only takes 5 minutes to prepare!
5-Ingredient Protein Pecan Balls:
* 1/2c unsalted, softened butter
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 2/3c flour
* 1/3c (34g) protein powder, I used Protolyte’s snickerdoodle from Coalition Nutrition.
* 1 rounded cup of diced pecans
* 1/4 tsp salt
* Optional: dark chocolate chips, melted for that delicious topping
* Get that oven on and preheating up to 275
* Mix together the softened butter, sugar, flour and protein powder in a medium sized bowl
* Fold in the pecans and salt and mix until combined. Your hands make the best mixers! * The mixture will be crumbly but will stick to itself
* Roll the dough into little balls and place them on an uncreased baking sheet * Pro tip: wet your hands first and the dough won’t stick to you
* Bake at 275 for 45 minutes and enjoy the wonderful smells coming from your oven
* Due to the crumbly texture of these bad boys, let them cool completely before transferring them to a container or plate.
* Optional: once the balls are cooled completely, you can drizzle them with the dark chocolate, or in my case just dunk them