What’s in my bowl?!
Today’s rainy, gloomy weather has been the perfect excuse to spend the afternoon experimenting in the kitchen with some protein powder from @coalitionnutrition .
My sweet tooth has been insufferable lately, typical reverse dieting feels. In order to combat this without doing too much damage, I took one of my childhood favorites and turned it slightly more macro-friendly.
Protein Puppy Chow!
* 2 tbs. coconut oil (melted)
* 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (melted)
* 2 tbs. cacao powder
* 1 scoop chocolate protein powder * 1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter * 8-9 cups of Chex Cereal
* 2 scoops peanut butter protein powder
1. Microwave the dark chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted
2. In a separate dish, melt coconut oil (about 30 seconds). Mix in cacao and the chocolate protein powder until all powder has been incorporated
3. Add coconut oil mixture to melted chocolate
4. Add chocolate peanut butter to chocolate mixture and mix until everything is incorporated
5. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and mix until all pieces are covered in chocolate
6. Pour cereal into a Tupperware container with a lid. Add peanut butter protein powder and shake shake shake
This only takes a few minutes and it is absolutely addicting. It’s perfect for everything from a quick sweet snack to a topping for a dessert! Let me know if you guys try it!