Core Nutritionals Intra Workout Formula
There are few categories in sports supplements that have grown like peri or intra workout formulas. For performance brands, it's a must have, but what's actually good and what's the best? First and foremost, an intra-workout formula can be anything. Whether you're taking a complete formula or a previously concocted one (like this one), it's important for you to know that it should be catered toward your needs.
Deciding which of these categories is most important for you will help guide you toward the right intra-workout. With that said, on occasion a few intra workouts can cater towards all three of those categories. A proper intra workout solution will have the following:
- A proper carbohydrate blend - This helps prolong your workouts and feed the muscle as you're using muscle glycogen during the workout. Carbohydrate sources can vary and not all sources are equal.
- Essential amino acids - This helps get amino acids into the blood stream as quickly as possible to limit breakdown and start to rebuild the muscle.
- Hydration - A good intra workout will also help hydrate you. Proper hydration reduces delayed onset muscle soreness.
What does Core Nutritionals Intra have in it?
For carb sources, Intra has a blend of cyclic dextrin & dextrose. Dextrose helps hydrate and provide good muscle pumps and the cyclic dextrin helps provide longer lasting, faster digesting muscular energy. Intra has 7g of branch chain amino acids at the scientifically proven 2:1:1 ratio. The BCAA's are the most important of the EAA group. 3g of EAA's other than BCAAS, for a total of 10g of EAA's. Core Nutritionals also gives a full dose of beta alanine to help with muscular endurance. Glycerol is added for a pump as well as hydration at the cellular level. Lastly, elevATP helps with total muscle cell ATP without the bloat & water weight of a creatine.
Although Intra was specifically design to be taken during a workout, it can also be taken pre workout or post workout to enhance performance or recovery. This is especially important for those that do not like drinking anything during the workouts.
“These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
The benefits of Core Nutritionals INTRA are:
- Speed up recovery time & decrease delayed onset muscle soreness
- Help with muscle specific anabolic response
- Increase muscular endurance & ATP levels
Who can take Core Nutritionals INTRA:
Any healthy adult over the age of 18 that wants to increase performance and muscle size or decrease their recovery times.
I love the lemon lime flavor. I use this supplement after my CrossFit wods to help with recovery. Definitely going to buy it again!